Many of the media that we can use to paint, whether clothing, pillowcases, t-shirts, bags, bed sheets, table clothes, shoes, craft or fabric painting as decoration of the room. Although in this post as an example is a T-shirt. But basically the process of preparation is not different from the preparation to paint on other media.
What You Need to Start
1. PaintPaint base material what will we use, must be adapted to the media that we will Painting, Cotton or polyester. Many color choices for fabrics that can be purchased, or can we also use dyes from nature, such as soil, mud, plants, rocks, water, or fruit. But for my T-shirt Painting using water-based paint, and heating is as reinforcements.
2. T-shirtsIn this post I do not recommend to use the new t-shirt, think about your wardrobe or your favorite t-shirt that spilled stain hard to lose, but still want to wear it, rather than the old stored until stale, this might be a good first step to start painting, your old t-shirt will look more new and exciting, but the first wash cloth so that the fiber surface cleaner. It is important to remove the coating that can prevent paint when painting.
3. Cardboard or plasticServes to prevent the entry of paint penetrates into the back of the t-shirt. Create a pattern according to size of paint media (t-shirt). And also to avoid creases which can cause brush strokes are not bothered by the lines expected.
5. A Paint BrushBrushes have bristles that are ideal for use as it helps the paint into the fabric fibers. But the small size of the brushes is also necessary if we want any part of the painting that should be detailed.
6.Container for paintTo support the painting process runs smoothly and produces beautiful work, where paint is very important to think about, marked with the words or codes that can differentiate into four primary colors, red, yellow, blue, black and white. Pour the paint into the container to taste, use containers that have a tightly closed, and impermeable to the light,so the rest of the colors that are not easily kept dry by air and light.
7. Container with clean waterServes to wash the paint brushes when going to use a different color. This is very important because of the color left on the brushes to change the original color in the palette or painting will be dark because of mixed colors.
8. TissueParents do not use fabric that is easy to absorb, or cleaning wipes, can be used as a water absorbent or a color that is too much in the brushes. Moreover, it can also be used to take color to the painting, in this way will the creation of more beautiful water effects.
9. End processThis stage is if the T-shirt painting has been painted over, do the heating process so that the paint last a long time, does not fade. Close the painting surface with a thin cloth if the paint on thick textured painting, this is to avoid painting damaged by paint that sticks when the heating process, as the heater: if small-sized paintings can use the iron that we use for clothing after finish, and for paintings in size great if you want maximum results you must use a special heater "hot press" because it has a greater pressure and heat enough.
There must be differences in how to wash a T-shirt painting, do not rub at the painting, do not hang directly under the sun in a state still wet, this is because the pressure on the t-shirt coloring painting is lower than the printing press machine. because many aspects of preferred during the painting process takes place, the main one is the effect of painting.Clean equipment that has been used, especially the brushes should not be allowed to dry for too long because it can damage the elasticity of brushes.
- Picture what would we make....??
Picture what would we make ..?
This question will often arise when we do not really know what and how our desires, how our abilities, and what our favorite. The introduction of the personality is the key for someone who wants to be a designer, this is the important thing that will support the continuation of a designer's career.
My article in this post is a first step "How to become a textile surface designer" with the ability to measure, recognizing the desire and joy. but before we make a design for other people or industry, as the first exercise we create a design for its own purposes.
Finding out what we might make ..?
Often this is an obstacle when one intends to express his feelings, the influence of the atmosphere and environment is often a measure of ability, do not feel confident with what others are doing to see better jobs and greater, there is a battle within himself, and this will be dilemma that creativity does not perform optimally. Felt compelled, unconsciously we work under pressure made his own. This is reasonable if we only use as a comparison rather than as competition. Create a work according to ability, until we love and feel comfortable, of course, exercise should be done frequently, makes the job simple using a very basic technique is:
- The form only, or just color
We need to know if we discussed entirely in one of two basic techniques of the above will probably require a long time and has no end, because one of the only possible form of millions of works, for example, is one of the simplest form, namely: "point/dots" as we see the screen is part of a very tight spot/dots, imagine if the dot is reduced by half, of course, not as we see now, or as another example as shown below :
That turn on this picture is the arrangement of dots,solid, full, medium and empty, gradations of good arrangement creates dimension, or we use a basic form of slightly higher, " the dotted line".
Or we can also use the color block technique.
If we already understand and adept at using both the above techniques, techniques of working at this stage will be easier because the techniques we do this we simply add the number of points more and no gradations composition of dots or lines, so the increasing number of points will become one entity solid color without any gap.
But the role is the intensity of colors in each section that serves to distinguish the dimensions of space and form.
- Start to painting T-shirt.
- How many T-shirt painting techniques.
Art, fabric painting, How to create a painting on t-shirts, ideas, tips